The Historic School Building in Oak Park, GA. The Oak Park Schoolhouse opened in 1919, served High School students until 1963 and Elementary students until 1983. The Oak Park Shiners with a vision to restore the Old School house building at 3802 Harrington Street to working order. The Schoolhouse will as an Historical Museum and Visitor Center for the City of Oak Park. Also, provide an event venue for the Oak Park Community to encourage community fellowship and growth. The Moonshine Festival proceeds go toward the Schoolhouse restoration project. Join us September 18th for a day of family fun.
Restoration of Old school house The Oak Park School was one of many school houses used by Emanuel county school districts, primarily Oak Park Georgia . The school was never torn down. Over the years it has deteriorated in structure and appearance, as its structure gradually fell into disrepair The Oak Park Shiners took over the "Restoration Project" of the school and started the long process of repairing the building.